Saturday, May 12, 2007

Network Television really upsets me


Here I was all ready to see the third episode of That Was Then, and it's another hour of garbage of people with their cam-corders (funniest home videos).I just don't understand how the major networks make any money. They are constantly shifting shows around to different nights and times and then yanking something after two weeks' performance. And what is the big deal about Scrubs? It's really bad but NBC keeps touting it as some sort of incredible breakthrough. well, at least I can flip the channel to the WB for DO Over. Yes, even though it has almost the same premise as That Was Then, they are radically different. Do Over is a half hour comedy while That was Then is a One hour comedy drama. So ABC's website lists That Was Then on hiatus. yeah, right.

3 comments:

ogldtips6 said...

If ABC wanted to give that show a chance, their best bet would have been to put it on Tuesday evening. But then again, ABC hasn't had a smash drama since "NYPD Blue" (an exception can be made for "Alias", but I want to see how much longer the show lasts before I'll call it a hit). Granted, last year's Friday night was one of the better nights of TV I'd seen in forever, but who watches TV on Friday night? (Okay, I watched "SVU" because I was sick)

twochip said...

I think Scrubs has a big following with people in the medical preofession.personally, I think its pretty stupid.television usually just makes me angry

thewadieslay44yahoocom said...

I have a brother, sister and uncle that are all in medicine. They avoid shows like ER. I have never heard any of them rave about scrubs.Yeah..TV makes me angry too.There are a couple of good things on, but if you give a network enough time, they'll cancel it or move it.