Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Friggin' New Year! Now get up and feed me!


The next time I go out in public I might have little claw marks all over my face. It seems 'the kids' don't understand that dad needs a few extra hours of sleep New Year's Day before getting up to feed them wet food. Twice this morning, once at around 6 am (which is unheard of) and again at 10 am (which is about an hour and half late) I was awakened to a clawing feeling on my face from my 18 pound cat.I am no pet psychiatrist, but I know enough NOT to wake up and feed him or the little one after he does this kind of thing. If he learns that all he has to do is poke me on the face with his claws to get fed, there's no end to the potential torture I might have to endure. Pavlov should have used a cat!Bear in mind, the kitties never starve. I have a full cannister of dry food that is available 24/7. They just like the ritual and taste better of wet food.

No comments: